Thales Alenia Space is the European reference for end-to-end navigation and aeronautical communication systems: prime contractorship, system engineering, integration for guaranteed high performance systems.
We combine a dual approach combining navigation and telecommunication.
Space-based systems are unrivalled navigation aids, since they can be used anytime, by anyone and anywhere on the globe – on land, at sea or in the air. To deliver ultimate performance and reliable user services, these systems have to offer outstanding features:
- Higher precision
- Full integrity
- Timely warnings if system performance degrades
- Civilian control and dual use
- 5 different levels of service to cover the broadest range of market needs
- User solutions that take full advantage of new-generation systems’ capabilities
Thales Alenia Space is on track to bring these technologies to market and unleash their potential, thanks to four unrivalled advantages:
- Prime contractor for EGNOS, the European augmentation system, operational since 2005
- A pivotal role in Galileo, the independent European satnav system (30-satellite constellation)
- The only company with major roles in both satellite positioning systems and applications (location-based solutions, professional applications, aeronautical communications, transport, GNSS test range, etc.)
- The only player with parent companies fully committed to both civilian and security markets, and to mobile applications in general (telecom, risk management, etc.)