In today’s world natural resources are becoming scarce whilst security concerns are increasing. Space offers a unique opportunity for monitoring changes in our environment whilst helping to keep us safe.
Thales Alenia Space we build a wide range of optical and radar sensors, satellites and systems, enabling an array of applications, such as:
- Monitoring and assessing vegetation cover
- Monitoring International Borders and ships at sea
- Agriculture and Sustainable Urban Development
- Disaster management and more...
A complete range of solutions
- Cosmo-SkyMed is a dual system, delivering top level, all-weather radar images with high revisit time
- Pleiades HR will offer optical 0.7m panchromatic and 2.8m multispectral images
- Vegetation oversees the world’s vegetation with daily monitoring
- Meris is the hyper-spectral instrument on board Envisat
In the framework of GMES:
- Thales Alenia Space is the prime contractor of Sentinel-1, which is a new generation SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) satellite. As well as Sentinel-3 - scheduled to be launched 2012 - which will ensure the operational continuity of data provided by instruments on the Envisat satellite, while also improving instrument performance and availability.
Besides space systems,Thales Alenia Space is involved in:
- Architecture and information infrastructures projects (WIN,...)
- Oceanography & marine, risk management and security thematic projects (Marcoast, Boss4 GMES, CEMER, EMERGESAT....).