Civil and military helicopter operators require:
- maximum safety
- enhanced capability & efficiency
- reduced pilot workload
- maximised payload capacity
- maximised rate of use
- extra comfort
meet these demands, you need an avionics suite that is intuitive,
interactive, integrated (Icube) and Safe (S). This is the innovative
Icube-S concept- the unique strength behind the TopDeck® avionics suite
The key to enhancing safety
is to optimise the crew’s cognitive workload, particularly during
complex tasks such as re-routing, and when handling emergencies. In
addition to its MMI, where pilot tasks are directly controlled
display objects, TopDeck® features an intuitive central cursor control
device (iCCD) – the first of its kind on a helicopter. This iCCD puts
all functions at the pilot’s fingertips. With TopDeck® on board, the
pilot’s attention is fully focused on accomplishing the mission.
Workload is reduced, reaction time shortened and safety increased.
most avionics suites involve the complex task of activating multiple,
dedicated rocker switches, pushbuttons and potentiometers, TopDeck®
features a breakthrough interactive Man-Machine Interface (MMI).
Using point-and-click, drag-and-drop and scrolling functions directly on the display, the pilot has easy access to:
- interactive Flight Management System (iFMS), with flight plan creation and revisions on the Digital Map(DMap)
- interactive Radio Management System (iRMS), including direct access to airport radio frequencies on the Digital Map
- crew alerting system
- normal and emergency checklists
- a broad range of virtual control panels for configuring equipment.
The time when every function came with new hardware is long gone.
maximise helicopter use while guaranteeing safety and efficiency,
Thales has developed a comprehensive avionics suite that offers an
unrivalled level of integration, combining all functions within a
unique, modular and versatile architecture while significantly reducing
• Primary Flight and Navigation Displays(PFD/ND)
• Flight/Mission Management and Digital Map(FM/DMap)
• Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System(H-TAWS)
• Helicopter Synthetic Vision System (H-SVS)
• Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS)
• Radiocommunications and navigation
• Vehicle and engine management
• Centralized maintenance
• Electronic Flight Bag (EFB)
gets full advantage from having all the latest functionalities
displayed in a consistent and harmonised way and can therefore
concentrate on ensuring a successful mission. As a result, TopDeck®
provides the crew and passengers with an unparallel level of safety.