A common core for information and communication
Harmonised and standardised operations on the digital battlespace
- A Common, open C4I interoperability framework allowing integrated, network-enabled, information-centric operations between sensors, commanders and shooters.
- A common core for information and communication systems with standardised interfaces and open architecture to accommodate legacy and plug mission applications.
- Configuration: service-oriented architecture allowing information collection/exchange, management/transformation and access/dissemination, web services.
- Level: multi-level, joint and combined, national and international based on military standards NATO STANAG and civil standards.
- Host platforms: integrated information and communication systems on military networks in deployed, mobile or dismounted configurations.
- Communications: tactical internet plugging on battlespace communications from satellite links to combat net radios.
- Sensors: open to all battlespace sensors.
- Shooters: open to all battlespace shooters, manned or unmanned.
References: LC2IS (NATO), PEA NCW (France), SIC 21 (France), ARRC-SOA (UK)